Erasmus Mundus Action 3 promotes European higher education through measures enhancing the attractiveness of Europe as an educational destination and a centre of excellence at world level.
This Action provides support to activities related to the international dimension of all aspects of higher education, such as promotion, accessibility, quality assurance, credit recognition, mutual recognition of qualifications, curriculum development and mobility. More information: Action 3: Promotion of European higher education
ASK Asia project is an Erasmus Mundus Action 3 project funded by the European Commission (EACEA) in the period from October 2013 till November 2015. The aims of the project ASK Asia are to assess how the Erasmus Mundus (EM) graduates in Agriculture and related Life Sciences perform on the professional job market in Asia and to identify specific competences and skills that provide these graduates with a comparative advantage in meeting the expectations of their first destination employers following the education/training period.
For this purpose will be launch a survey on the totality of the EM students graduated to date from selected Erasmus Mundus programmes in 6 following countries in Asia (Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Mongolia, Thailand and Vietnam). The survey will allow updating the professional data on the EM alumni from these programmes in Asia. It will also include a self-assessment of the skills and competences acquired in Europe.
The project will allow European and Asian universities to discuss about their comparative advantages in educational training, and how the specificities required for the Asian job market can be better taken in consideration when a part of the training is done in Europe.
• Joint database of the Erasmus Mundus graduates coming from Asia
• Lessons learned, feedback from employers on the Asian job market
• Six national workshops organized at partners’ universities in Asia (Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Mongolia, Thailand and Vietnam)
• Six professional analyses carried out in Asian partner countries and summarized in one joint study
• Regional workshop organized in Asia
• Final project workshop hosting in Europe
• ASK Asia Management group reports
Studies and Report: