EVENT project is among 147 projects selected for funding by the European Community programs for Capacity building in Higher education under Erasmus+ 2016. EVENT - European and Vietnamese Collaboration on Graduate Employment - aims to improve the employability of university graduates in Vietnam, thus clearly addressing the objectives of the Capacity Building in Higher Education (CBHE) Call to improve the quality of higher education and enhance its relevance to the labor market and society. The project seeks to address the following CBHE priorities: learning and teaching tools, methodologies and pedagogical approaches, including learning outcomes and ITC-based practices; University-enterprise cooperation, entrepreneurship and employability of graduates.
The project duration is from 10/2016 -10/2019.
Project partners include:
The main objective of the project is to increase employability of university graduates in Vietnam. Due to the lack of information on the real state of employment of university graduates the project intends to perform a detailed tracer study at the partner universities. The data collected in such a study would then be examined by all partners and the outcome would be fed back to the curricula designers. This could potentially help identify the areas where the academic education offered by our partner universities is askew with the demands of the labour market. Once EVENT has begun getting data from the tracer study, the project plans to hold a meeting with the Ministry of Education and Training to introduce its methodology to other universities in Vietnam. This will potentially assist in bridging the gap in the mismatch between education and work.
- WP1: Administration around the grant management begins, partnership agreements drawn up, discussed and signed by all partners, Kick off meeting takes place, coordinator and local coordinator attend a CBHE meeting in Brussels, selection for a panel of labour market representatives
- WP2: Design, implementation and analysis of a detailed tracer study of a sample of graduates from our partner universities, in order to assess the effect of their education on the career
- WP3: Creating career centres at our partner universities. The Vietnamese partners will supply space and furniture and the project will equip the centre with computers for students to use for online job searches, writing CV’s, printing and scanning. Videos of experts explaining successful transition to the labour market will be created in order to show to students.
- WP4: Training of teaching staff at the partner universities on how to teach soft skill development and entrepreneurship
- WP5: The design of a web portal to be used at each university, moving forward with data collection. The portal would also house material related to job search, where student scan access a job listing.
- WP6: Quality plan for the running of the project, and measuring the results from each planned event. Certain indicators have been set in place at every stage of implementation of the project, and will be measured using appropriate methods
- WP7: General information on the project will be disseminated through a project webpage. A large dissemination event where the methodology of the tracer study will be opened up to any Vietnamese university interested, co-hosted by MOET and ILSSA
- WP8: The management of the project, setting up the management committee, reporting
President of Hue University welcomed Sir Vincent Floreani, Consul General of France in Ho Chi Minh City (04-12-2018 15:21)
Hue University and AUF tightening partnership (04-12-2018 11:02)
Hue University and US Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City promised to promote educational cooperation (14-11-2018 15:43)
Hue University and Gifu University, Japan signed cooperation in human resources training and research (13-11-2018 15:57)
Conference on strong research groups and international publication (26-09-2018 09:54)
Hue University participated in the International Forum Franconomics 2021. (26-11-2021 09:50)
Party Committee supports Hue University units at the frontline against the COVID-19 pandemic (25-11-2021 09:08)
Ministry of Education and Training honors outstanding teachers and managerial staff in the year 2021 (25-11-2021 08:34)
Strengthening the cooperation between Vietnam and Canada (25-11-2021 08:26)
Hue University Publishing House won the 4th National Book Award 2021 (18-11-2021 08:24)